Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Theory Query

So today I was off "blog spotting" (trying to get used to doing this on a regular basis) and I came into difficulty with a subscription which only gave me the option of subscribing using Microsoft; no google reader.
It got me thinking; at work I use the Microsoft suite of products and this seemed to be a good idea as everything would be managed alongside my outlook email etc, so thought I would just ask any readers out there "Would you recommend google reader over Microsoft, and why?"

_c

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about Microsoft, I didn't know they had a reader. The key I reckon is to use a Web based reader, one you access by going to a website - like Google Reader, and not one on your computer. Mainly because you won't always be at the same computer.

    Remember not all websites generate an RSS feed. If you're using Firefox browser (and I sure hope you are) and that little orange icon doesn't appear in the address bar, then chances are the site doesn't generate an RSS feed. One last check is to open your Google Reader and copy the website address and add it manually. Google Reader will scan the site for feeds.

    See you Tuesday. Looks like a review of RSS is n order?

    ReplyDelete