Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Embedding Google Maps

So now each time I'm on a site referring to an address I do appreciate when someone's taken the time to put in a map - sure I could go onto google maps & look it up myself; but I much prefer not to have too.

Fairly hypocritical of me though, having no experience of how to do this myself I thought it time to learn; sign into google maps (this is another sneaky tool hidden on the top left of the google page) put in the location that you're after; i.e. 60 Clyde Street, Dunedin, head to the little blue link 'my maps' & start with 'create new map'. In here it will let you put in a title & a description; i.e. The Otago MBA, where I work. Done. Now on the top right hand side of the map that you're looking at is a link that is titled 'link' click here; the second piece of code says 'paste HTML to embed in website'; self explanitory really.


View The Otago MBA in a larger map

_c

No comments:

Post a Comment