Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Hype over Hyperlinks

So, I've obviously been getting lazy using the hyperlink button despite the fact that one of my first blogs was on how to create hyperlinks!
First here's the most important hyperlink; and I actually created it without using the little icon; how did I create it then you ask...?
First some information - this browser that I'm writing my post in is called a WYSIWYG browser which as buttons for helping change fonts & add hyperlinks (globe & paperclip icon). Often when posting comments on other blogs they don't have this WYSIWYG functionality- therefore you'll have to create hyperlinks by hand!!
When you do head to this page take some time to get familiar with the navigation on the left side, here you will find how to create html code for 'links' & 'formatting' two functions that are my main concern for now.
Firstly 'links' will give you a little window of code you should copy for 'An HTML Link'- put this into the area that you're working in (for me this is most likely a comments section of someone's blog) then you'll see that between the " and the " there's three letters - url - this is where you put the URL address to the page you want to link to.
You'll also notice that somewhere there between > and < are the words - link text - this is what you want the hyperlink to be called... Done.

_c

No comments:

Post a Comment