Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting out there

So, last week Leigh implied that this blog was like a loser at a dance, bopping away in the corner on it's own... so I've set to working out how my little loser can get out a bit more.
And apparently the key is all about linking & talking to people... imagine my surprise then when twitter told me the same thing; Presence Management Article, and when I picked up the latest edition of Idealog.

Anyway, over the next week or so I'm making an effort to not only read all the interesting articles provided through twitter - but to start engaging with them, posting comments & re-tweeting (RT). I'll be updating this with notes on how I get on, fingers crossed.

_c

3 comments:

  1. Its nice to have you around Chris. Great ideas. See you toight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted my first comment on a blog on How not to add twitter friends (http://lancewiggs.com/2009/07/14/how-not-to-add-twitter-followers/)
    The count begins; one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at your comments, and the mountains of other comments...

    I good way to draw people to your blog is to write something in depth about that discussion. It needs someone to round it off and add an outsider's perspective - and there's your opportunity. Rather than add your voice into the noise directly, make your own bell noise from a corner and distract it a little.

    Leave a comment that says exactly what you said, but finishes with - "I used this post and the subsequent discussion to write something about X" and link it to your post.

    Those deeply involved in the discussion won't be able to resist checking your post, and if it had something to offer, was insightful or otherwise stimulating, they will comment, follow or subscribe for further commentary.

    ReplyDelete